[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-250 worth the upgrade?

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Fri Oct 3 10:44:07 EDT 2003

> An nVidia card is probably your best bet, as they have the most
> accelerated hardware features that MythTV takes advantage of.

Yea, I was looking at the FX5200 and the MX440 as they are about the same
price and both have hardware MPEG2.  I'll probably go with the FX5200
since it's newer unless I hear otherwise from anyone.

> Oy. Perhaps. I don't have any problems with an Athlon 800, but ymmv...

Well there is a chance I'll be pulling a P4 3.2 ghz w/ mobo out of my #$*
for $200.  If so, guess where that's going.  This'd be one monster of a
box.  Though re-encoding to MPEG4 in lightspeed would be nice :)  If that
falls through however, I'm just trying to keep my costs down.  I'll
probably go with the Athlon XP 2100+ for price reasons if the 650 doesn't
work out.

Ben