[mythtv-users] constant flames against people that are new to thelist - can't we all be adults here?

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Thu Oct 2 16:27:29 EDT 2003

Sorry, just had to jump in here real quick :-)  :

>I didn't say people should 'search' the documentation. I said they
>should read all of it in its entirety. Yes, there are those with a
>"special skill" that can get through without reading everything, but
>I'm saying everyone should take to read ALL the documentation.

<sarcasm> YES, just like every geek on this list (myself included) reads
every singe line
of his new home theater instruction manual, or video game console manual
(ok... maybe when I'm bored & interested) </sarcasm>

No, we search it when we have a problem.  Inputs not working?  Check the
table-of-contents, check out that chapters on cabling.  Skim the index, oh
ok: audio setup instructions are on page 62... etc etc.

Maybe I'm different, but anyone I know that likes to tinker is the type that
just likes to plug it all together and *does* not read every word of the
instruction manual for anything unless it's for pure education.  But then
again we have really good searching skills, as the previous post was talking
about...

- Willy