[mythtv-users] constant flames against people that are new tothelist - can't we all be adults here?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Oct 2 16:24:42 EDT 2003

> big hint to the web-faq in the subscription mail? Or even
> better, start
> a new Newbies-List...

There is a problem with a newbies-list.... who would answer the
questions? ;-)

But seriously, maybe a newbies-list wouldn't be all that bad, that way
only the people with high irritation limits could apply. But if it would
work I don't know. I myself tend to apply to the list with the most
traffic because that's where the "action" is, thinking that my questions
will be answered sooner that way.

> Gee, everybody started in small steps, and it can really get
> frustrating
> when it doesn't work.

Agreed, personally I just ignore "Stupid Questions(tm)" when I don't
feel like answering. The more people on a list the higher the chances
that somebody will feel like answering them (most likely a
not-so-newby-anymore who just figured it out himself a week ago and can
now proudly show off his new-found knowledge ;-).

> Stephan

-Tako