[mythtv-users] TV-card only (with good quality)?

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Wed Oct 1 13:16:00 EDT 2003

I have a lot of opinions on this, because i have a lot of opinions on
everything. But my short take is this - if you dont know about something
it's best not to talk about it. In this case (as you understand now) you
didn't really know about the different ATI cards. I'm sure from isaac's
position it's just as annoying to constantly correct people as it is to
point out where in the docs people could find their answers.

I can see the whole thing about curt/rude responses going on, and i've
definitely had my share of the latter (but only when it was really really
funny), but you have to realize that this isn't a paid support forum. This
is people in their free time trying to help other people out, and just
like you expect other people to invest time in helping you, other people
expect you to invest time in trying to help yourself first. As an example,
the replies i've received have been very helpful when the problem is not
documented and i have a solid explanation; they have also been very short
when my question is answered in the manual.

-Dan