[mythtv-users] TV-card only (with good quality)?

Cooper Bethea cooper.bethea at duke.edu
Wed Oct 1 15:23:03 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 22:42, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> From what I gather, the best
> bt8x8-based cards are the ATI TV Wonder (not the VE or the Pro) and the
> Leadtek Winfast TV Deluxe XP (or something like that).

so - are we to assume that the problems with the GATOS drivers alluded
to in http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#video_capture_device
are fixed? specifically:

NOTE: The ATI All-in-Wonder cards will not work as a MythTV capture
device, as the GATOS drivers that are available provide only a limited
subset of the V4L API.

just curious, since people place so much emphasis on rtfm here.