[mythtv-users] Re: Headless Myth box?

Chris Poch cpoch at vt.edu
Wed Oct 1 08:40:25 EDT 2003

Thanks to all who responded so quickly!  What I ended up doing was
tunneling X through ssh by running the command ssh -X -l user ipaddress
on the remote machine and then running mythfrontend through ssh.

Music works amazingly well.  Live TV crashes.  Videos never shows the
movie files.  Images and Weather work perfectly.  I did also notice how
the previews do work when selecting a recording to watch, but actually
watching it didn't work.

I have not tried this setup when booted into Linux on the second
machine.  I used cygwin, and it's been working great for me.  I will try
the same setup when booted into Linux this afternoon.  Maybe Live TV
will work from there, not that it's crucial or anything.
-Chris