[mythtv-users] Controlling directv through low speed data connection.

peace bwitchu peacebwitchu at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 21:02:56 EST 2003

Hey guys I'm getting ready to build a mythtv box and
have a question before I buy my materials.  I have a
sony directv reciever that has what looks like a db-9
connector labeled "low speed data" connection.  I am
guessing this is what I would connect the mythtv box
to controll the reciever?  If so would the other end
connect to my serial port?  Also is there any
documentation on the directv/mythtv setup.  Would the
basic setup be like this.  Take the rca output from
the Directv reciever to the tv input on vid. capture
card then from the rca output from the video card
and take to the tv?  Then a separate connection to
control the Directv from the serial port to the "low
speed data" connection port.

Thanks