[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial pinout / Shaw Vancouver

Joe Buehl jbuehl0001 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 00:26:32 EST 2003

Gemstar!!!

I didn't realize they had patents relating to serial
I/O too.  Those <bleep>ing individuals have been
responsible for singlehandedly retarding the progress
of technology relating to interactive media for over a
decade.  This is largely why your favorite cable
company probably offers such a crappy product, because
 of the ridiculous terms demanded by the holders of
the intellectual property.

Recently some of the individuals associated with
Gemstar (now owned by TVGuide) have been under
investigation and the situation has improved.

This is why MythTV so appeals to me.  It's a way for a
few people (well, geeks who can figure out linux) to
get around such bullshit.

Sorry for the rant...