[mythtv-users] Adding a second satellite/cable box

Joe Buehl jbuehl0001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 11:47:43 EST 2003

Do you just have a single coax cable coming out of the
wall?  If so, you can't run 2 tuners on the same cable
because a satellite box controls the selection of the
LNB polarization with a DC voltage.  You will need to
have a second coax that runs from the 2nd tuner all
the way to the multiswitch.  Just using a splitter
won't work.