[mythtv-users] strange lirc problem

Joachim Gehweiler post at joachim-gehweiler.de
Sun Nov 16 08:46:07 EST 2003

Hi,

> I have a slight problem with setting up a remote control, I have a PVR-250
> with the original grey remote, lircd runs, I can see key prssings with 'irw',
> I can observe something being sent to the X11-Socket when using 'irxevent'
> with 'strace', but I can't see any reaction in the mythfrontend, even when I
> compile it with native lirc support, mythfrontend doesn't try to attach to
> the /dev/lircd according /var/log/lircd, but 'irw' and 'irxevent' do.
>
> It seems for me as problem of X11, might it because no keyboard is attached to
> the barebone?

I just rebooted my system without keyboard and mouse for testing this;
during auto-login via gdm my system hang for approx. 30s, but then
everything went on normally, and the remote was working, too.

[ I have a PVR-250 with the grey remote, and I am running RedHat 9; I
installed ivtv/lirc/mythtv/mplayer with the atrpms from Axel Thimm. ]

Best,
   Joachim