[mythtv-users] Blips and skipping video starting last week

David Vasquez vasqued2 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 08:21:59 EST 2003

I have hit the exact same problem that you are seeing
on my Shuttle SS40G in the last week - well, except
for the Brittney part :-)

I decided to check the list before trying to
troubleshoot and saw your post before I even started
to search.

I haven't had time to dig into it yet other than a
quick check that leads me to believe that the problem
is on the recording side, not the playback side.  I
copied the files to another machine and tried to play
it back and it still had problems.

I'm seeing the exact same thing - pixelating and
skipping - while recording w/ a PVR-250 to a 80G
hardrive at 352x480 w/ a 3000/4000 capture rate.  I am
not transcoding either.  DMA is enabled and I'm
running RH9.

My cable line-up changed sometime over the last week
but I can't see how that would have any impact.  I
haven't made any other changes.  I have old files
which play fine but the newer ones have the problems.

Hopefully I'll have time to dig into it this weekend.
If you find anything please post what you find and
I'll do the same.

If we're having different problems, let me know that
too.

David

-----------

I have been using Mythtv with no problems for about 2
months now. Last
week, midway through VH1 Behind the Music: Brittney
Spears, I started
getting weird pixelating and the video would skip
around. Darn her :) (I
can't remember exactly, but I believe the video
skipped backwards, making me
think this isn't just dropped frames.) Ever since
then, all my recordings
are experiencing these hiccups and skipping around
about once every 10
seconds or so. Any recordings that were made before
then are fine.
I didn't change any settings before this and had
installed the release
version .12 about a week prior. I have a 200g
harddrive with about 150g
given to the partition for recordings. DMA is enabled
on both the hard
drive and the DVD-burner that shares the same IDE
channel (The pundit only
has 1 IDE channel) The hard drive is currently 43%
full, but was much less
full than that when the blips started with Brittney.
The computer is an
Pundit with a 2g celeron and a PVR250 set to 3500/6000
for capture rates and
352x480 for capture resolution. I am not transcoding
from MPEG2.

Any ideas on what's going on? I don't really want to
reinstall right now,
but I don't know where to start since this isn't
associated with any changes
I have made.