[mythtv-users] a7n8x -- lockup after 30 minutes recording]

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Fri Nov 14 00:41:28 EST 2003

> Has nothing to do with myth. The nForce2 bug is well documented on the
> net and the kernel lists. There are lots of NF2s out there that work out
> of the box. But at least as many that don't. NVidia doesn't seem to take
> revision numbering very seriously :-)

So the nForce2s are troublesome.  And VIAs are troublesome.  Doesn't
leave many options for Athlon systems.  Is SiS therefore the best, or
are the nForce2s generally OK once APIC is disabled?  I've been trying
to figure this out lately before deciding what to buy, and am just
curious.

(This is not very on-topic except that it may be used for an upgrade
to my MythTV box, so replies should probably be directed to me instead
of the list)

-jim