[mythtv-users] Crappy black Hauppage Remote

ray cielencki mythtv at rayslinky.com
Tue Nov 11 05:05:13 EST 2003

At 13:07 11/10/2003, you wrote:
>I recently purchased a pvr250 that comes with a remote.  It is a small black
>remote without a whole hell of a lot of buttons.  Everywhere I read
>describes a grey remote with yellow/red buttons etc...
>
>Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a better remote for these
>cards?  Even a suitable "universal" remote that would work with the
>hauppage card/dongle?
>
>I have tried a sony brand universal, had to search for the codes etc...
>When I find the correct codes it only gives me a very small subset of the
>buttons on the universal (like, three or four buttons).

pretty much any universal remote will work as most will generate the rc-5
protocol. i've got a rat-shack 8-in-1 that i'm pretty happy with. before
shopping, you might also want to look into jp1: http://www.hifi-remote.com/
- you could select a factory rc-5 code or with a jp1 remote, create your
own, including "shifted" keys. oh, the possibilities. the one catch, you
need windoze to program them (and maybe a cheat sheet until you learn where
you put all the functions!)

/rayc