[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial pinout / Shaw Vancouver

Paul Crick web-mythtv-users at ivrl.com
Mon Nov 10 19:27:37 EST 2003

> Aw crap... just got a call back from Ron, seems he's got
> to clear this with  the Calgary office as there is some
> litigation involving the Gemstar folks that might overlap
> this feature.
Hmm.. I wonder what that's all about then? Where do Gemstar fit in to the
picture?

I wonder if you could argue that you purchased the box so therefore should
be able to control it serially? That also opens a can of worms - you own the
box yet they push firmware upgrades down the line..

Oh well.. provides entertainment right? ;-)