[mythtv-users] dct2224 questions and serial port enabling.

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Nov 10 16:43:32 EST 2003

Just curious for the folks with the DCT2000 (mdl 2224). Do you have 3 small
round connectors on the back labeled

High speed      out of band 	  IR

With a line connecting the first 2 with a "data" caption?  The actual
connectors look like a cross between an rca and a stereo mini plug.

Just got off the phone with Shaw Cable here in Vancouver, and once again they
are going to get someone to call me back regarding enabling the serial port.

Anyhow the 1rst level tech, pointed out that the manual explicitly states
that the 9 pin serial port is not to be hooked up to a pc. Anyhow I told him
that doesn't matter and I needed to talk to someone who has access to the
cableco's controller to enable the serial port. What's my point, well,
looking at the manual for my box, it is actually configured differently and
doesn't look like the box in the manual when one looks at i/o connectors on
the back. I am just trying to figure out if any of this makes any difference
wrt serial port control.

So anyone know what the highspeed/out of band connectors are for?  Can I use
one of them for remote control?

What got me looking was the manual says its got an optical audio output which
I'd hoped to hook up to my sblive.  Sadly my box doesn't, but it does have a
spdif connector which I plan to try out.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting