[mythtv-users] Re:Crappy black Hauppage Remote

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 16:14:14 EST 2003

Mikey, I totally feel your pain. I also lost out on
the draw and got a black remote. Practically
worthless.

You do have a few options, first is to train LIRC on
using an alternative remote. The documentation can be
found on the mythtv.org site. Just an FYI though, some
remotes (i.e. Tivo remote) do not work with the IR
sensor that comes with the Hauppague card. If you do
find a remote that the sensor recognizes you're just
about there.

Oh, if you decide you want the grey/silver remote.
Good luck. I've tried eBay and Hauppuage and no luck
finding one. It was only through the good graces of a
fellow list member that I have one now.

Ditch the black remote ASAP.