[mythtv-users] mythfrontend and wireless

Bill Bradley wbradley at bham.rr.com
Mon Nov 10 16:30:53 EST 2003

Kevin,

I had the same problem too.  11 mb/s with 802.11b just isn't big
enough.  I bought a 802.11g linksys to fix the problem.  Of course I
then found out that my 802.11g card (proxim orinoco gold) could only get
about 5-10 mb/s with the madwifi drivers.  802.11g support just isnt all
there yet.  Thats when I discovered DriverLoader from linuxant.com.
Basically its a pcmcia wrapper service that lets you use the windows
drivers for you non-supported cards. I am assuming there is some wine
code in there.  Its all set up from a web page on your system.  Just
slap in the cd and point it at the .inf files.  Works great.  I get
smooth non-jerky video all over the house.  LiveTV and Videos.  the url
is www.linuxant.com

hope this helps.

bill bradley,rhce