[mythtv-users] Config file errors with mplayer?

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 07:56:58 EST 2003

In the midst of a bare metal install including a mb
upgrade. Things went fairly smoothly until it came to
doing Jarod's test_capture.mpg test. At first I was
getting:

# mplayer /tmp/test_capture.mpg
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries:
libxvidcore.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

But I did a search and found the following:
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libxvidcore.so.2.1 libxvidcore.so.2
# ln -s libxvidcore.so.2 libxvidcore.so

Now I no longer get the libxvidcore.so.2, BUT I'm
getting a new round of config errors:

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP Thoroughbred
2370 MHz (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1
SSE2: 0
Reading config file /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such
file or directory
Creating config file: /root/.mplayer/config
Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or
directory
Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Using built-in default codecs.conf
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file:
/usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
Can't open input config file
/root/.mplayer/input.conf: No such file or directory
Can't open input config file /etc/mplayer/input.conf:
No such file or directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config
Opening joystick device /dev/input/js0
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0 : No such
device
Can't init input joystick

Playing /tmp/test_capture.mpg

Exiting... (End of file)

It looks like mplayer "ran" but no video output and a
bunch of errors.

I've never seen this before. BTW, I'm also running a
dual tuner setup.