[mythtv-users] Chaintech 7NIF2 owners, can you help me?

Myster Man Xsecrets at softhome.net
Sun Nov 9 18:16:03 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 16:15, Romel Llarena wrote:
> I'm doing a bare metal install of .12 complete with a
> new mb and dual tuners. 7NIF2 with the AverTV and
> Hauppauge boards. Sound provided by Audigy card. A few
> questions. Any suggestions on where to get RAM. Of the
> two 512 Kingston sticks I bought, one's giving the mb
> the fits. I'm sure I paid a premium for them but I do
> have 14 days to return them.

Not sure about this I just have some cheap 2100 cas2 generic ram and it
gives me no problems in turbo mode.

> Second, how do I get the onboard LAN to work? Somehow
> RH 9.0 didn't configure it for me at time of install.
> I've seen a reference to using 3COM drivers, but
> nothing in detail.

As for the NIC you will need to download the drivers from nvidia's site.
The only distribution that I know of that installs the nforce NIC
drivers out of the box is Knoppmyth. if you are not married to RedHat
you might want to give it a try. I have a chaintek 7nif2 with a pvr250
and leadtek tuner, and everything worked fairly well from initial
install. I had to modify some modules for the leadtek, but that was
expected cause bttv doesn't correctly detect the leadtek.