[mythtv-users] Schedule recordings with STB

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Thu Nov 6 15:20:00 EST 2003

Yes, you can use lirc to send ir signals.  MythTV is setup to allow you
to use a channel change script to change channels.  look at
contrib/myth.change-channel.lirc.pl (?)  If you build the ir transmitter
circuit, use the "simple" one, not the "improved" one.

-dan

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>      Well , I have come to a stand still right now in figuring out how to
>get my mythtv to record channels other than what the set top box is
>originally set to.  I have looked into the serial to serial connection,
>which seems to work with many set top boxes.  However, my Pace 4000 STB
>versions have disabled serial ports, so this option is out.
>
>I am curious as to what complete functionality the IR remotes Via Lirc give
>me.  The lirc page tells me "
>
> The  most  important  part of LIRC is the lircd daemon that will decode IR
> signals  received  by  the device drivers and provide the information on a
> socket.  It  will  also  accept  commands for IR signals to be sent if the
> hardware supports this. "
>
> Does  this  mean  that  I  can  use  Lirc  to  send  a  signal  via  an IR
> "transmitter" of some sort to change channels on my set top box so that if
> I want to record channel 4 at 5pm, it will automatically change channels?
>
> Has anyone done this, and would like to help a newbie out?
>
> Thanks
> Jon
>

>NOTICE:     Call cMemoObject.ReplyToSender() are not the intended
>recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other
>use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy
>this message and notify the sender.

main(){int j=1234;char t[]=":@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.\n",*i=
"iqgbgxmdzlolyb\nu.pax\nlek.n";char *strchr(const char*,int);
while(*i){j+=strchr(t,*i++)-t;j%=sizeof t-1;putchar(t[j]);}return 0;}