[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth/PVR250/FV24 s-l-o-w video & video modes

Christopher Holmes a_team_of_scientists at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 00:01:16 EST 2003

I installed KnoppMyth R4 on my FV24 with a PVR250 &
Celeron 400MHz.  I have 2 problems with the video:

1) It's only displaying something like 1-2
frames/second.  It's really slow and jerky watching
live TV.  I tried lowering the resolution in the setup
& it got a little faster, but not much.

2) I'm set up to use 640x480 60Hz in XF86Config-4.
What's displayed on tht TV & monitor is only about 2/3
of the screen, both horizonally & vertically.  I can
pan around with the mouse.  How do I shrink the
picture to display the whole thing on the screen?  I
tried xvidtune, but the settings didn't seem to do
anything.  The FV24 motherboard has a built in Savage4
video card.  I've seen others on the list saying
they've got it up and running.  Any idea what the
problem could be?

Thanks!
Chris