[mythtv-users] Playback in FF

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 11:41:28 EST 2003

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 11:21, Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>       I have a  couple questions.
> 1)  I have finally got sound and video sync'd when watching live tv.
> My problem now being that when I watch a recorded program it plays
> back in FF, with audio and video.  Has anyone had this problem
> before?  Any ideas on a remedy?
>
> 2)  I have a question about external tuners.  I have seen the script
> to run an external set top box via serial port to your mythtv PC, in
> order to change the set top box channels.  I was just wondering if
> anyone has created this script for a PACE set top box.  I saw a
> script for sony, and RCA.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

You've probably specified the wrong audio sample rate somewhere.  Your
card may not be able to record/play the rate you've specified, and is
up/down-sampling it behind your back.  Since the audio & video are
synced, the video is sped up to keep pace with the audio.  Note, if
you're using btaudio it probably only supports recording at 32kHz.
Otherwise, you've probably specified 48kHz and your sound card only
does 44.1kHz.

-JAC