[mythtv-users] MPEG-2 GOP editing

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 10:27:14 EST 2003

I know someone on the list has been looking for a way to edit the
commercials out of their PVR-x50 recordings without reencoding, and
still end up with a compliant stream for burning onto DVD/CVD.  Just
saw this on Freshmeat this morning:

http://freshmeat.net/redir/lve/44195/url_homepage/gmo18t

>From the Freshmeat description:

	About:
	LVE provides frame and GOP accurate editing of MPEG1/2 elementary
	("ES") and program streams ("PS"), including VOB format. The cutting
	engine is based on a frame server (demuxer), which guarantees exact and
	fast seeking to every frame. The GUI is based on libSDL. Video scenes
	are handled as thumbnails movable by drag and drop. Final videos can be
	build with or without re-encoding. Tools for shrinking and DVD
	authoring are also available.

	Release focus: Major feature enhancements

	Changes:
	While producing the final edited video, the output can be written as a
	multiplexed MPEG stream directly. The result will be accurate to use as
	input for creating a video DVD filesystem.

Don't know if it really works; I'm just the messenger :-)

-JAC