[mythtv-users] A very simple VCD, SVCD (and DVD) player script for the PVR-350 decoder

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sun Nov 2 13:10:17 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 18:17, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 02 November 2003 07:54 am, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > having lots of VCDs and SVCD that I want to be able to watch on my
> > MythBox (VIA Epia ME6000, PVR350 running the ivtv framebuffer and
> > decoder) I created a set of small and simple skripts that integrate a
> > very simple player (based on splicer.c posted by Chris Kennedy on the
> > ivtv-devel mailing list) into mythdvd and can be used as a simple
> > standalone, "not a gui at all" vcd/svcd/dvd player.
>
> You _should_ be able to just use mythtv as the player for these..
>
> "mythtv [filename]" should be able to play back any .mpg file, which these

No, doesn't work here, segfaults immediately. It plays the .nuv files
and mpeg files ok, but not the raw mpeg streams generated by mplayer.
mythtv seems to need the headers. Is there a program to create valid mpg
files from vcds or dvds on the fly? Or do you intend to expand mythtv to
a full video player? With YUV output of software decoded divx files to
the pvr350's tv-out?

Torsten