[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Wed May 28 21:11:27 EDT 2003

>>>>> On Wed, 28 May 2003 22:23:55 -0300, Jeff C <tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca> said:

j> Hmm...  In my normal user account my .mythtv directory exists and is
j> empty... The one in ~root has a channels subdir but it is also
j> empty.... is there a way I can force an update?  Do I just re-run
j> mythfilldatabase or will that create duplicate entries etc?  I am
j> going out of town for a month soon and I want my wife to be able to
j> use the system so I could do without the icons for a bit if it might
j> muck things up to update it.

        I could be wrong since I'm not a developer but my
understanding of how mythfilldatabase works is:

If the XML file that tv_grab_na generates specifies a URL for the
channel icon, and that icon file doesn't already exist in
~/.mythtv/channels/, then it will try to download the file using
"wget".

        Did you check your SQL database to see if the channel table
icon field is filled in?  If not, then tv_grab_na may not be getting
the icon URLs from the listings.  If the table is correct, maybe
there's some problem running wget to download the icons.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net