[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Wed May 28 23:23:55 EDT 2003

At 01:03 PM 5/28/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> said:
>
>j> I dont have any channel icons in my EPG.  Can I force them to
>j> download?  Can't seem to find any docs on it.  Thanks.
>
>         Does your listings source (zap2it?) have icons?  If it does,
>mythfilldatabase should automatically download them to
>~/.mythtv/channels/ and put the file path into the "icon" field of the
>"channel" table in your database.  Check your database to see if this
>is happening.  Also, if you have a separate frontend machine, I seem
>to recall that the icons need to be accessible through the same file
>path.

Hmm...  In my normal user account my .mythtv directory exists and is
empty... The one in ~root has a channels subdir but it is also empty.... is
there a way I can force an update?  Do I just re-run mythfilldatabase or
will that create duplicate entries etc?  I am going out of town for a month
soon and I want my wife to be able to use the system so I could do without
the icons for a bit if it might muck things up to update it.

-Jeff