[mythtv-users] Taking the plunge - General questions about setupandPVR250

Roby Adams hypykesub at bellsouth.net
Wed May 28 08:10:31 EDT 2003

The Sigma Designs X-Card (not sure about others)  DOES display overlay
graphics on the tv out.  It will not do overlay in a window on the PC.
There is an On Screen Display that is seperate from the mpeg stream that can
display a menu, subtitles, what have you.  It can even display the windows
desktop instead of an video file.  (Sigma said it couldn't been done with
the overlay but a third party developer has already managed to do it without
encoding it as an mpeg).

I really only brought up the X-card because I have one and I am familiar
with the overlay funtionality and mentioned it as an example.  There are
currently no linux drivers or an SDK for that matter so it is not really
worth discussing.

Roby Adams