[mythtv-users] Taking the plunge - General questions about setupand PVR250

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed May 28 01:39:20 EDT 2003

It is my understanding that the Sigma cards do not do overlay... they
merely display an mpeg stream... which means that you would need to
encode the myth display and the video together to get the display on the
screen.  I cant imagine that it would be difficult to do so however, and
considering that the sigma cards are only $100 it would be worth it for
the developers to look into I'd say.

Can you say "Finally, a use for that damn Pentium 233 sitting in my
closet"

Actually my local store has stacks of old Dell Pentium Desktops that are
just about perfect for an entertainment center if only they could handle
the output!... only $20 and with an integrated nic and no processor
heatsink needed, and virtually silent PS... God what a dream front end
that would be!

Joe