[mythtv-users] xmltv and German umlauts

Ralf Haller ralf at brap.de
Tue May 27 19:43:41 EDT 2003

Ben Bucksch wrote:

> Ralf Haller wrote:
>
>> The problem was that I didn't install qtxmlcheck.
>

> ahhhhhhhhhhhrg.

There's only one thing to say: RTFM! ;-) Now it works like it's supposed to.

>> I disabled the xml check in the config file and the warning disappeared.
>

> I'd suggest to use it. Otherwise, if there is a single problem in any
> of the files, mythfilldatabase won't import anything at all, IIRC.

I need the QT3 in order to translate qtxmlcheck. Is there a rpm for RedHat?

>> But how can I prevent that all channels are imported in the myth
>> database? I want only those channels I can receive.
>

> I don't know, I have the same problem. It's a problem with
> mythfilldatabase. The --update option is supposed to do that, I think,
> but doesn't. At least for me, maybe I am just using |su| wrongly:
> su mythtv -c "/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase --quiet --update"

I solved the problem by commenting out the channels in channel.py I
don't want. It's not the best solution but it works.

Another thing I noticed is that ' is displayed as '; The files frm
tvmovie already contains these faults. Maybe you should add this to
fix-sourcexml.sed?

Ralf