[mythtv-users] xmltv and German umlauts

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon May 26 22:15:00 EDT 2003

Ralf Haller wrote:

> The problem was that I didn't install qtxmlcheck.

ahhhhhhhhhhhrg.

> I disabled the xml check in the config file and the warning disappeared.

I'd suggest to use it. Otherwise, if there is a single problem in any of
the files, mythfilldatabase won't import anything at all, IIRC.

> But how can I prevent that all channels are imported in the myth
> database? I want only those channels I can receive.

I don't know, I have the same problem. It's a problem with
mythfilldatabase. The --update option is supposed to do that, I think,
but doesn't. At least for me, maybe I am just using |su| wrongly:
su mythtv -c "/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase --quiet --update"