[mythtv-users] Frontend system requirements

Eni Gma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Mon May 26 22:00:26 EDT 2003

One of my current frontends is a Celeron 300 running at 375 MHz.  I also
have a PII @ 275 Mhz.  They can both playback 352x480 marginally.  It is
OK on regular TV but something like auto racing or hockey makes them
choke on long pans.  I think a major concern on these systems is the
bandwidth (and latency) of the 66 MHz bus.  The celeron's bus is running
at 83 MHz and it does OK.  When I had the PII runnning at 83 it did
quite well.  It seems that MPEG-4 works better than RTJPEG.