[mythtv-users] Taking the plunge - General questions about setupand PVR250

Myth hypykesub at bellsouth.net
Mon May 26 10:47:59 EDT 2003

I dont have the all answers but some :)
2. What program are you using? I used powerstrip. If so look in the
powerstrip ini file for the modelines. These plug right into your
xfree86.config file and will give you the same settings as you had in
windows.

***Yeah I am using powerstrip.  That is great to hear.

3. I run my TV in 848x480 and myth and everything else will stretch to meet
the aspect ratio (16:9). BTW Xine playing DVDs looks amazing and beats
anything I have ever seen

***Does that mean that TV will stretch wide?  That is what I would actually
like to avoid.  I kind of figured that Myth has no real aspect ratio control
built in.  Ideally I would leave my TV in 16x9 mode and MythTv's menus and
all would be

4. LIRC is fast. Mostly the progs are slow because they are crunching on the
video input. The PVR250 does it all for you so the CPU is available for
other things.

***Awesome

5. I use Redhat for my base and then recomiple most of everything myself.
Including the kernel and all libraries.

***Yeah,  I'll try RedHat first unless other warn me away.  I did see the
install guide for RH posted recently and will surely be printing that out.

6. Distro not the CVS

***That is what I figured.

Thanks for the speedy answers.

Roby Adams