[mythtv-users] Help please?

Graham Dunn gdunn at inscriber.com
Sat May 24 09:04:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 10:41:38PM -0700, tekchip wrote:
> Is there a suggested distro to use for myth? I tried redhat 8. This
> got me all the pre-requisites installed except for XMLTV. Ran into
> build problems with XMLTV. I tried Redhat 7.3. I didn't get anything
> to install correctly. I've attempted to install and run it under
> debian but Debian Woody has a lot of dependancy issues with some of
> the dependencies. Imparticular I cant seem to get dependencies taken
> care of for libc6 which is required by lame. Does any one have any
> pointers or suggestions on how to get this thing to work? Fav.
> distro's? Secret tweaks/methods?

I just redid my myth machine using Redhat 9. Everything except the
video capture card was automatically detected and that required a
'modprobe bttv' to get working.

I also use Axel Thimm's atrpm repository with apt-get. It makes
installing the various dependencies a lot simpler. There aren't any
modules past the straight mythtv, ie. no myth{weather,music,etc}
though. I think this is just a matter of time for these to be built
though.

http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/

Of course, I haven't tried to get a lirc module working yet.

(Intel 815 chipset MB, NVidia GeForce2 MX, ATI Wonder VE)

Graham