[mythtv-users] Help please?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sat May 24 00:14:31 EDT 2003

At 10:41 PM 5/23/2003 -0700, tekchip wrote:
>Is there a suggested distro to use for myth?

No.

I use Debian Sid successfully (with the precompiled .deb packages for Myth
and some supporting packages from the Sid version of the URL I mention below).

Other use Mandrake.

Look through the list archives to see what other distros people report
using ... there is a lot of variety ... including some people who are happy
with one or another version of Red Hat.

>I tried redhat 8. This
>got me all the pre-requisites installed except for XMLTV. Ran into
>build problems with XMLTV. I tried Redhat 7.3. I didn't get anything
>to install correctly. I've attempted to install and run it under
>debian but Debian Woody has a lot of dependancy issues with some of
>the dependencies. Imparticular I cant seem to get dependencies taken
>care of for libc6 which is required by lame. Does any one have any
>pointers or suggestions on how to get this thing to work? Fav.
>distro's? Secret tweaks/methods?

How are you trying to run lame with Woody? Are you using the precompiled
.deb  packages from http://marillat.free.fr/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/
? If not, try that ... it's your best source for packages that do not meet
the licensing guidelines for inclusion in official Debian. Or at least the
corresponding site for Sid takes care of all my dependency loose ends.