[mythtv-users] Unsupress a recording

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 20 17:28:00 EDT 2003

*Sigh*

This is exactly the functionality accomplished by my patch.  It adds two
flags to the database:  PROGRAM.overridesuppression and
RECORD.ignoreduplicates

PROGRAM.overridesuppression does what you want Single Record to do -- it
marks a single instance of a program to be forcibly recorded, without
affecting the current recording type.  You don't need a separate entry in
the RECORD table.  (Assuming that you've already scheduled the show to
record with one of the recurring record types)

RECORD.ignoreduplicates tells Myth to always ignore whether a particular
program is a duplicate when determining to record a show for a scheduled
recording.

I'm also going to add PROGRAM.forcesuppress (or maybe make
PROGRAM.overridesuppression into an enumerated value: 0 - default behavior;
1 - force suppress; 2 - force unsuppress) so that you can forcibly SKIP
recording a single instance of a show.

Again, I'm providing (probably next week) the ability to control these
features; someone just has to incorporate it into a GUI.

-JAC