[mythtv-users] RH9 and TVWonder?

gary.mui at sungard.com gary.mui at sungard.com
Tue May 20 13:31:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've embarked on my MythTV setup and have so far gotten through most
everything except for getting the capture device drivers setup.  I read
that the v4l2 and bttv drivers may not work with the RH9 kernel and was
wondering if anyone has that working and what was needed to get it to work.
I'm assuming that I need to recompile my kernel which is especially
daunting now since I've only been working with Linux for about 2 days now.

Also, I'm intending to use the bttv driver for my ATI TVWonder card
(hardware tool shows a bt878 card).  Would that be the suggested way to go
or should I consider the Gator drivers that seem to be available for the
AIW cards?  Finally, would I get much benefit out of compiling ALSA drivers
for this card (i.e. can I grab the sound off of the capture card instead of
patching to Line-in)?  Right now there's only one (on-board) audio device
and I'd like to use this for both the front and back-end.

Thanks for any input,

Gary