[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR-250 cards on sale

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Tue May 13 21:56:25 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 11:11 am, Andrew Dupont wrote:
> Keep something in mind about mail-in rebates, though--they can be
> borderline scams sometimes.  They require extra effort from the customer,
> your check will take forever to get sent, and your rebate request can be
> rejected for any reason.  I'd find out whether the rebate is OfficeMax's or
> Hauppauge's. But, without any specific knowledge, I can still say that I
> wouldn't bank on receiving that $30 rebate.

I don't know about the OfficeMax offer, but I followed a recent
post and picked up the same deal at CompUSA.  The deal is legit.
It had (expired May 3rd) specific requirements about photo copying
the receipt, signing a form, and mailing back by May 17, and
they may take many weeks for the money (8-10, but I usually
find that is on the high side).  But its from Hauppauge, I
certainly don't think its any type of scam.

Brian