[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR-250 cards on sale

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 13 13:34:56 EDT 2003

Here's the link for the $30 Mfr. rebate from Hauppauge (when purchased at
OfficeMax):

http://images.officemax.com/pdf/2003_05/Hauppauge1.pdf

Note the rebate is for the PVR-250 (Model 980), The DV-Wizard-PRO 848 or the
WinTV-USB 602.

I personally have had good experiences with mail-in rebates, as long as the
company is reputable.  Hauppauge has always been good to me.  More than
anything, companies bank on a certain percentage of mail-in rebates never
being filed because people are lazy or forget.  Of course, some companies
*do* have 'impossible' rebates; I always check the terms before I buy.

The OfficeMax web site doesn't even list the PVR-250 for sale (or at least I
couldn't find it), so I can't confirm the $20 in-store rebate.

-JAC