[mythtv-users] Initial config and HD setup with PVR-250

Aran Cox spin at avalon.net
Sun May 11 17:15:17 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 14:30, Vinton Coffman wrote:

> Q3.  I want the option of adding a second Seagate drive later.  What
> should I do in the initial setup to account for this?  RAID?  What
> level?

I would recommend LVM, but since I've used it before I may be biased in
thinking it's not too difficult to set up.  LVM makes it trivial to add
another drive and extend the filesystem onto the new disk.  (Without
needing to recreate the filesystem or back up your data, which you might
want to do anyway.)

No RAID configuration will allow you to simply add a disk later without
re-partitioning or re-installing.  LVM does.