[mythtv-users] Day Dream MythTV P2P Network

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Wed May 7 14:59:11 EDT 2003

>>possible that some big powerful companies would come sniffing around
>>trying to find something illegal about what we do.
>>

>	Not to get all high and mighty on the Jeffersonian Democracy thing, but I
>always look at incumbent power as a challenge, not something to be hiding
>from. Call me crazy ...

I agree. That is why I think we need to be completely legal and have all
our ducks in a row. That way if someone big does get aggressive with us
we can tell them to stuff it, and fight them like hell. Free council
from sypathetic lawyers or perhaps the EFF is likely to follow. If we
are not completely legal we are in a much tougher spot, and are less
likely to get support from friendly lawyers. We need to be in a position
of strength. Also, I am all for pushing to the limits of our freedom,
particulary with respect to fair use. I'm just suggesting we don't
wander off into areas that are clearly illegal.

Cedar