[mythtv-users] CDDB lookup stopped working

Morten Møller mbmbeers at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 13:54:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

When I select Import CD in MythMusic several lines of B's are written on the
console and then the import screen comes up without any CDDB information.

This used to work.

It stopped working after I did as follows:
1) Start an import
2) Issue a shutdown -h 30

Apparently the shutdown kicked in before the import finished. Somehow this
(or something completely different ...) broke something.

I have tried:
1) Remove the .cddb directory
2) make install on MythMusic

Any other suggestions ?

CDDB lookups work just fine when using the Linux CD player.
But when using the CD player entries are added to .cddbslave whereas
MythMusic adds entries to .cddb.

I run MythMusic as root (I'am a Windows user and we like to do everything as
administrator ...:-( )

/mbm