[mythtv-users] Myth was fine, now segfaults on start

Eni Gma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Tue May 6 20:25:57 EDT 2003

One of my frontend machines which was running MythTV 0.8 perfectly until
today, will not start mythfrontend any more.  It just gives a
segmentation fault when executed.  I recompiled myth (from a newly
extracted tree)  to have DEBUG support and ran it in GDB according to
the instructions, but it does not seem to give any useful information.
 This problem also occurs with mythbackend and setup.  The machine seems
to be running fine in all other respects.  It compiled Myth without any
problems.  Here is a sample session from gdb:

[root at playback5 root]# gdb /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.2.1-4)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend

0x4000cc94 in ?? ()
(gdb) thread apply all bt full
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4000cc94 in ?? ()
#1  0x40006ae9 in ?? ()
#2  0x40005bd4 in ?? ()
#3  0x4000740f in ?? ()
#4  0x400078c2 in ?? ()
#5  0x40007b22 in ?? ()
#6  0x40001488 in ?? ()
#7  0x4000b4f4 in ?? ()
#8  0x40000d9d in ?? ()
(gdb) thread
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y
[root at playback5 root]#

Any help in finding out what the problem is will be appreciated.