[Fwd: Re: [mythtv-users] DVB-S support and mythtv]

Barry Davis bdavis at eurologic.com
Tue May 6 19:38:17 EDT 2003

I'm thinking about making a machine up as well. I've got a lot of
experience with Linux (its my job) so I don't mind getting my hands
dirty with some experimental code.
What is support like for digital TV in Linux? Is it just the satalite
cards that are supported (WinTV Nexus-s and Nova) or are the Terrestrial
cards supported as well (WinTV Nova-t PCI)? Or even USB versions (WinTV
Nova-t USB and DEC 2000-t).
I'm particularly interested in the DEC2000-t as it can be used without a
computer.

Why does the video stream need prefiltering? What does this entail?
Don't these cards feed out an MPEG2 stream?

Barry.