[mythtv-users] suggested hardware?

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Sun May 4 11:58:36 EDT 2003

As a reference here, i have a coolermaster 610 and an athlon xp 1800. No
case fans, a quiet PS, and a zalman flower cooler with the fan set to the
lowest speed on the cpu. I've never had any problems, the cpu temp stays in
the 40's.

It is hard to get proper airflow though, since there is no space for a front
fan, the power supply sits upside down (so a dual fan PS is useless), and
the rear case isn't in the most useful of spots. But if you dont go with the
fastest cpu and dont buy hot running drives, you should be fine.

-Dan