[mythtv-users] Fonts too small, not DPI related?

Alan Messer alanpublic at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 22:46:56 EDT 2003

I've been running MythTV from the debian install
without too many problems. I recently upgraded Xfree86
to the CVS release to get XVideo support for my ATI
card. After this, I felt that the myth fonts in the
menus were a little more 'blocky' than I remember. So
I upgraded freetype through APT. Now my fonts are so
tiny I can't read them. I searched the archives and
read discussions of the DPI issue. However, setting
DPI between 150DPI and 45 DPI (original) seem not to
render readable fonts.

Anyone got any pointers for where my fonts are broken?
They look okay under X and in Mozilla (although the
menus in Mozilla are a little small too, but readable
at least).

X complains when it initializes that: "Warning: Front
renderer for XXXX (e.g. pcf) already registered at
Priority 0" and mentions that /usr/lib/fonts/CID" is
missing and so removed from the fontpath. I believe
I've seen these errors before, so don't think they are
the cause.

Dammad.