[mythtv-users] pip setup

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Fri Jun 27 23:46:13 EDT 2003

I have setup a slave backend that I would like to use for PIP.  The
machine is severely underpowered compared to the master mythbackend
machine and can't handle recording at the levels set for the master.

Is there a way I can specify a recording profile that is used for this
slave backend only?  I don't want to compromise quality on the main
system for the sake of pip.

As I understand the recording scheduler won't use this system for
recording, as long as I don't schedule two conflicting shows for the
same time period I should be able to expect the master mythbackend will
always be used?

If the slave backend was not being used for PIP and I was watching live
tv on the main system it would nolonger prompt to transition to
recording?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Brent