[mythtv-users] *Newb* Have everything installed/config, just cant get XMLTV working....help?

Neil Trodden cannon.trodder at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 28 00:04:23 EDT 2003

>This is driving me nuts, im following all the directions, etc, nothing is
>working.
>Here is what i did.  After i installed ran mythtv setup, it said login as
>root and run /etc/cron.daily/mythtv-backend so i did that, but when it was
>running i get an error,
>unretry-able error reading schedule for station 2 WCBS
>and it goes on like that for every channel.
>Anyone have any idea? when i do the GUI config of backend, i enter my
>zipcode, and it finds my provider.
>Anyone, anything, help please
>Thanks

Have you ran mythfilldatabase?

Does mythtvfrontend work? Does mythbackend exit with an error or keep running?

Try running the xmltv script directly -> "tv_grab_uk" or whatever. Go
through the configure yourself as it helped me realise where I went wrong.
During setup, xmltv always failed due to a bug introduced in the script
during building.

It's worth it when it works!

--

Neil Trodden