[mythtv-users] Re:Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock

JOna jblistat at sll.fi
Thu Jun 26 22:58:02 EDT 2003

I have Biostar M7MIA with AMD761+VIA686B.
1,3GHz Duron, RedHat9, ivtv and myth from cvs.

Myth + PRV-350 were OK but with the latest versions
I started getting again these "Backend stuffed up in
RequestRingBufferBlock" errors. This happens every
time when I try to transfer recorded video from VCR to
Myth:

1) Change from tuner to composite (press C)
2) Select manual recording
3) Write titles and press Start

Immediately after pressing Start the picture freeze,
and backend is stuffed.

Elsewhere I do NOT get this error - I can watch live
tv while it's recording. However the picture starts to hang
and audio starts to stutter if I try to watch too close to
real time. So what I do I wait for a minute before I start to
watch something that I record.

JOna