[mythtv-users] gentoo, mythtv, and mythweb... 2 minor issues...

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jun 26 03:38:26 EDT 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 02:21 am, mOjO wrote:
> ahhh... thanks for the kick in the right direction... i just got done
> looking in settings.php but alas there is no setting for the address of
> the mythbackend server... some more digging made me realize that it
> fetches that setting from the mysql database... so my hostname in that
> database is likely set to 127.0.0.1 or 'localhost' or whatever and
> mythweb is attempting to connect to that... i'm assuming that gets set
> by the setup program?... i am afraid of SQL so i wont be editing it that
> way... i suppose i could hard-code the address in mythwebs settings...

You can just run setup again and change the ip address of the master server..
Just make sure to go completely through the first section, like the rest of
the configuration UIs.  It does default to 127.0.0.1, as that's what most
people will be using (ie, single machine for frontend/backend, no remote
frontends, etc).

Isaac