[mythtv-users] gentoo, mythtv, and mythweb... 2 minor issues...

mOjO mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Thu Jun 26 02:21:00 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 09:47 pm, mOjO wrote:
>
>>>Is mythbackend running?  It needs to be, as that error message indicates.
>>> If mythweb is on a separate server than the running mythbackend, you
>>>need to have the Master Server IP and Port set properly in the backend
>>>setup for it to connect to.
>>
>>indeed mythbackend is running and i set the hostname so that mythweb
>>would know where to go.. in fact mythweb must be accessing it because i
>>can use mythweb to schedule recordings on the mythtv machine and they
>>get recorded fine. I can view my scheduled recordings and Listings but
>>clicking on the "Recorded Programs" or "Fix Conflicts" links gives me
>>that error about mythbackend not running.  Its almost as if a.) its
>>trying to access the wrong table of the DB (which i would think would
>>give me a different error.  or b.) only those two links are using the
>>wrong hostname... like maybe trying to use 'localhost'  i suppose it is
>>also possible that some kind of max connection limit of mysql is being
>>hit but that seems highly unlikely... i dont suppose there are some more
>>verbose logs of the mythweb errors than just "failed to connect"?
>

> The 'scheduling recordings' and the program listings pages don't use a
> connection to mythbackend, they only talk to the mysql server.  The 'recorded
> programs' and the 'fix conflicts' pages talk to the mythbackend server.  So,
> no, it's not accessing it.
>
> Isaac

ahhh... thanks for the kick in the right direction... i just got done
looking in settings.php but alas there is no setting for the address of
the mythbackend server... some more digging made me realize that it
fetches that setting from the mysql database... so my hostname in that
database is likely set to 127.0.0.1 or 'localhost' or whatever and
mythweb is attempting to connect to that... i'm assuming that gets set
by the setup program?... i am afraid of SQL so i wont be editing it that
way... i suppose i could hard-code the address in mythwebs settings...

hmmm... ok i'm rambling now... thanks Isaac... now i at least know where
the problem is...

mOjO